Job Title: Programs Specialist
Zoo Labs, a fiscally sponsored project of Community Initiatives, is an Oakland, CA based nonprofit artist business accelerator. They help independent musicians design businesses and build capacity as entrepreneurs.
Reporting to the Director of Programs, the Programs Specialist is responsible for coordinating and delivering high quality program activities. This position requires a motivated, organized individual with strong communication, coordination and execution skills.
● Coordinate and deliver program activities in coordination with the Director of Programs. This includes the Zoo Labs Music Residency and future program prototypes
● Maintain a positive, nurturing and creative attitude with all Zoo Labs artists, mentors and affiliates
● On time and onsite for events and program activities
● Be a resource for artists and mentors
● Communicate with Artists alongside Program Director to manage questions, expectations and impact metrics
● Execute, organize and maintain artist and mentor tracking materials including interviews, feedback, surveys, spreadsheets and CRM database
● Articulate the mission, vision, impact and needs of the organization to the community they serve
● Organize and administer programs related contracts, invoices and check requests
● Work with Director of Programs to ensure alignment of program strategies and impact
● Act as an ambassador, making connections between Zoo Labs and external artists, music people, businesses, and forward thinkers in general. This includes introducing local and Zoo Labs connected artists directly to program team.
● Work closely with Program Design team each cycle, to ensure nuanced design adjustments get properly implemented and that each experience further informs future designs
● BA or equivalent experience (required), or MA (a plus)
● Two-plus years experience in program coordination or assistance
● Demonstrated excellence in organizational, written, and communication skills
● Experience with of HubSpot or similar CRM
● Experience with Google suite
● Experience and excellence in many aspects of business education and administration including entrepreneurship, program design, prototyping, and music industry knowledge.
● Personal accountability and strong work ethic.
● A growth mindset, a drive for excellence, and a warm and friendly demeanor. An individual who finds their mission resonant and motivating.
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position that includes excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, sick leave, vacation &; paid holidays. The salary for this position is dependent upon experience. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter with salary expectations and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Initiatives is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.