Now accepting WAM Studio Internship Applications for the Fall of 2017!
Applications are due on or before August 4th, 2017.
This internship is open to anyone who is woman-identified (transgender or cisgender), non-binary or gender non-conforming.
Women’s Audio Mission selects interns 3 times per year, in the Spring, Summer, and Fall. We choose 5-10 interns each term out of a pool of applicants from all over the world.
The selection process requires an interview before we choose an intern applicant. The interview will be conducted on site if the applicant is located in the Bay Area. If the applicant lives outside of the Bay Area, the interview will be conducted via Skype.
WAM requires each applicant to submit an application and resume via email. A portfolio is not required.
- Independently work on individual project formed at the start of the internship.
- Assist instructors at Girls on the Mic classes.
- Help out at all WAM adult classes, workshops, events, and member meetings (setup and teardown, as well as assisting the instructor for the duration of the event).
- Assist on recording sessions at the WAM studio.
- Assist with non-profit administrative tasks.
- This internship is a volunteer (unpaid) position – WAM is a 501c3 nonprofit organization.
- Must be a current WAM member.
- Able to commit to 2 days a week from 10am – 5pm, as well as some evenings and weekends when classes and sessions are scheduled.
- Commitment to the mission of WAM.
- Able to work independently.
- Have experience or willingness to work with youth.
- May require use of a telephone, work at a standard computer, navigating several flights of stairs, standing for over an hour, reaching, bending, using a soldering iron and electrical test equipment and the ability to lift and carry 30 pounds.
Desirable Skills/Experience (please highlight in application):
- Fluent in Pro Tools HD.
- Experience with audio equipment.
- Soldering Skills.
- Experience teaching or working with youth.
- 1 year minimum of audio education
If you would like to apply for an internship, please apply on or before August 4th, 2017 by sending your resume and completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will not be considered if they do not include a resume.