Applications are now closed! Applications will open again in July 2018 for Fall 2018!
This internship is open to women (transgender or cisgender; non-binary and gender non-conforming individuals are welcome).
Women’s Audio Mission (WAM) selects interns three times per year, in the spring, summer, and fall. Through a competitive application process including a pool of applicants from all over the world, WAM selects 5-10 interns each term.
WAM requires each applicant to submit an online application, which includes a resume detailing professional experience. A portfolio is not required.
Should you be considered a potential fit for the Studio Internship Program, WAM will contact you to set up an interview. The interview will be conducted on site if the applicant is located in the Bay Area. If the applicant lives outside of the Bay Area, the interview will be conducted via Skype.
- Independently work on individual project developed at the start of the internship.
- Assist WAM instructors with Girls on the Mic classes.
- Assist WAM instructors with all adult classes, workshops, events, and member meetings (setup and teardown, as well as assisting the instructor for the duration of the event).
- Assist on recording sessions at the WAM studio.
- Assist with non-profit administrative tasks.
- This internship is a volunteer (unpaid) position – WAM is a 501c3 nonprofit organization.
- Current WAM membership (click here for more information on how to join).
- Commitment of two days a week Monday – Friday from 10am – 5pm, as well as some evenings and weekends when classes and sessions are scheduled.
- Commitment to the mission of WAM.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience and/or willingness to work with youth.
- Facility in operating a standard computer (Mac or PC); navigating several flights of stairs; standing for over an hour; reaching; bending; lifting over 30 lbs; and using a soldering iron and electrical test equipment.
- May require use of personal telephone.
Desirable Skills and Experience (please highlight in application):
- Fluent in Pro Tools HD
- Experience with audio equipment
- Soldering Skills
- Experience teaching or working with youth
- 1 year minimum of audio education
If you would like to apply for an internship, please apply in July 2018 by submitting your resume and completed application. Should you have any questions about the application or Studio Internship Program, you may contact Veronica Simonetti, Intern and Facilities Manager, at email@example.com.
Applications will not be considered if they do not include a resume.