Fall 2019 Internship Applications Now Closed! Applications for the Spring will open up in October!
Our internship program is widely recognized in the audio and music production industries for the caliber of training, range of activities, overall experience, as well as job placement opportunities. Past interns have gone on to positions with such companies as Dolby, Pixar, Apple, Sony, Google and Pandora, as well as most of the premier venues for music and performance in the San Francisco Bay Area. In addition to core responsibilities, WAM interns also take advantage of special tours of our partners’ labs and spaces (e.g., Dolby, Meyer Sound, Arup, and Facebook), behind-the-scenes access to sound checks for major acts (e.g., Janelle Monáe, Sheila E., St. Beauty), private professional development opportunities with industry leaders, and much more.
WAM’s Internship Program is open to women (transgender or cisgender; non-binary and gender non-conforming individuals are welcome) over the age of 18.
Women’s Audio Mission (WAM) selects interns three times per year, in the spring, summer, and fall. Approximately 5-10 interns are selected each term through a competitive pool of applicants from around the world.
- Assist WAM instructors with Girls on the Mic classes
- Assist WAM instructors with all adult classes, workshops, and member meetings, including setup and teardown
- Assist on recording sessions at the WAM studio
- Assist with WAM events, including fundraisers, donor events and performances
- Assist with non-profit administrative tasks, including operations, marketing, fundraising, and other activities
- Assist with studio maintenance, testing and troubleshooting (soldering cables, studio repairs, basic studio wiring, etc.)
- Work independently on personal audio, music, or related project developed at the start of the internship
- Current WAM Membership
- A minimum of 1 year of audio education
- At least 18 years of age or older
- Commitment of two days a week Monday – Friday from 10 am – 5:30 pm, as well as some evenings and weekends when classes, sessions, and events are scheduled
- Ability to work independently
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with youth
- Facility in operating a standard computer (Mac or PC)
- Facility navigating several flights of stairs; standing for over an hour; reaching; bending; lifting over 30 lbs; and using a soldering iron and electrical test equipment
- Possible use of personal telephone
- Proof of negative TB test results from within the past 4 years
- Completion of a live scan background check (to be completed upon start of internship)
- Completed or willingness to complete mandated reporter training
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Fluent in Pro Tools HD
- Experience with audio equipment
- Soldering skills
- Passion for the mission of WAM
- Should you have any questions about the application or Studio Internship Program, you may contact Jayme Brown, Intern Manager, at email@example.com
- Should you be considered a potential fit for the Studio Internship Program, WAM will contact you to set up an interview
- This internship is a volunteer (unpaid) position; WAM is able to provide a small honorarium upon satisfactory completion of the internship
Thank you for your interest in our internship program, and we look forward to hearing from you soon!