Applications reopened for the Spring 2019 (February – May) semester.
This internship is open to women (transgender or cisgender; non-binary and gender non-conforming individuals are welcome).
Space has opened up for a couple of additional interns for the Spring 2019 semester. We are leaving the application open until all slots for the Spring have been filled! The internship is scheduled to start the week of January 22nd, but we will make accommodations for later start dates. Interviews will be conducted in person or via Skype – in person is preferred if you reside in the Bay Area.
Women’s Audio Mission (WAM) selects interns three times per year, in the spring, summer, and fall. Through a competitive application process including a pool of applicants from all over the world, WAM selects 5-10 interns each term.
Complete WAM’s online application, which includes a resume detailing professional experience. A portfolio is not required. If you are interested, please apply ASAP, as our Spring semester has begun.
Should you be considered a potential fit for the Studio Internship Program, WAM will contact you to set up an interview.
- Independently work on individual project developed at the start of the internship.
- Assist WAM instructors with Girls on the Mic classes.
- Assist WAM instructors with all adult classes, workshops, events, and member meetings (setup and teardown, as well as assisting the instructor for the duration of the event).
- Assist on recording sessions at the WAM studio.
- Assist with non-profit administrative tasks.
- This internship is a volunteer (unpaid) position. WAM is able to provide a small honorarium upon satisfactory completion of the internship.
- Current WAM membership (click here for information on how to join).
- Commitment of two days a week Monday – Friday from 10 am – 5:30 pm, as well as some evenings and weekends when classes, sessions, and events are scheduled.
- Commitment to the mission of WAM.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience and/or willingness to work with youth.
- Facility in operating a standard computer (Mac or PC); navigating several flights of stairs; standing for over an hour; reaching; bending; lifting over 30 lbs; and using a soldering iron and electrical test equipment.
- May require use of personal telephone.
- Proof of negative TB test results from within the past year.
- Completion of a live scan background check. (Not to be completed in advance.)
Preferred Skills and Experience (please highlight in application):
- Fluent in Pro Tools HD
- Experience with audio equipment
- Soldering skills
- Experience teaching or working with youth
- One year minimum of audio education
If you would like to apply for an internship, please submit your online application ASAP. Should you have any questions about the application or Studio Internship Program, you may contact Jayme Brown, Intern Manager, at email@example.com.
Note, applications will not be considered if they do not include a resume.