Now accepting WAM Studio Internship Applications!
Applications are due on or before January 6th, 2017.
Women’s Audio Mission selects interns 2-3 times per year. It is an application process that is announced to WAM’s membership. We choose 8-18 interns a year out of a pool of applicants from all over the world. NOTE: The selection process requires an onsite interview before we choose an intern applicant if the applicant is located in the Bay Area. Outside of the Bay Area, we require an interview via Skype.
- Must be a current WAM member.
- Able to commit to 15 hours per week for at least 6 months. This will be a set schedule and we expect punctuality and superior attendance during these scheduled times.
- Able to respond to e-mails and phone calls from WAM within 24 hours.
- In addition to regularly scheduled hours, you must be able to commit to working at most of WAM’s events and workshops. These are usually in the evening or on weekends.
- Minimum one year of study of audio technology, recording arts or equivalent preferred.
- Willing and able to perform basic office tasks and facility cleaning chores.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision.
- Proficiency with Apple and PC computers.
- Commitment to the mission of Women’s Audio Mission.
- Excellent people, verbal and writing skills.
- Essential functions of the position may require use of a telephone, work at a standard computer, navigating several flights of stairs, standing for over an hour, reaching, bending, using a soldering iron and electrical test equipment and the ability to lift and carry 30 pounds.
- Fluent in Pro Tools HD.
- Experience using large format consoles.
- Soldering Skills.
If you would like to apply for an internship, please apply on or before January 6th, 2017 by sending your resume and completed application to: email@example.com (We prefer e-mail submissions ) or
Women’s Audio Mission
542-544 Natoma St., #C-1
San Francisco, CA 94103