Now Accepting Internship Applications for Spring 2014 Interns! Internship Applications Due on February 28th, 2014.
Women's Audio Mission selects interns 2-3 times per year. It is an application process that is announced to WAM's membership. It is a very competitive selection process and we only choose 2-6 interns a year out of a pool of 50-60 applicants from all over the country. NOTE: The selection process requires an onsite interview before we choose an intern applicant.
- Must be a current WAM member - preferable for at least 3 months so you have had some participation in our organization.
- Able to commit to15 hours per week for at least 6 months. This will be a set schedule and we expect punctuality and superior attendance during these scheduled times.
- Able to respond to e-mails and phone calls from WAM within 24 hours.
- In addition to regularly scheduled hours, you must be able to commit to working at most of WAM’s events and workshops. These are usually in the evening or on weekends.
- Minimum one year of study of audio technology, recording arts or equivalent.
- Must pass studio certification exam.
- Willing and able to perform basic office tasks and facility cleaning chores.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision.
- Proficiency with Apple and PC computers.
- Commitment to the mission of Women’s Audio Mission.
- Excellent people, verbal and writing skills.
Essential functions of the position may require use of a telephone, work at a standard computer, navigating several flights of stairs, standing for over an hour, reaching, bending, using a soldering iron and electrical test equipment and the ability to lift and carry 30 pounds.
- Fluent in Pro Tools HD.
- Experience using large format consoles.
- Soldering Skills.
If you would like to apply for an internship, please apply on or before February 28th, 2014 by sending your resume and completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org (We prefer e-mail submissions ) or
Women’s Audio Mission
1890 Bryant Street, Suite 312
San Francisco, CA 94110